Low Income Families
Public housing units come in a range of bedroom sizes and types. They range from high-rise apartment buildings to duplex and scattered single family houses. Eligibility for the low-income family housing program:
- Earn 80 percent of area median income or less as a household to qualify
- Pay 30 percent of their household's monthly income for rent and utilities
- Live alone, with a partner, or with individuals who make up a larger household
- Meet screening criteria and have acceptable rental and criminal histories
- Are citizens or have eligible immigration status at the time of admission to the program
Low-income properties are available at the following locations:
- Cambridge Park: Heat and hot water are included in the rent, along with washing machine hook up, assigned parking, 24 hour maintenance. We have a Boys and Girls Club, Police Sub Station, Community Room which can be used by the residents, and a baseball field on the premises.
- Scattered Sites: Hillcrest Apartments, Beech Street, Marconi Avenue, West Street;Heat and hot water is included in the rent (some units also include electricity), off street parking, washer and dryer hookup, some units include basements, 24 hour maintenance and garbage collection.
- Zbikowski Park (Project-based Section 8):
Residents pay for the utilities which consist of oil heat, water and electricity, off street parking for two vehicles, washer and dryer hookup in basement, 24 hour maintenance and garbage collection, and ample yard space.
You can request more information by calling our main office at (860) 582-6313.
Or request a visit with us at the following address:
Bristol Housing Authority
164 Jerome Avenue
Bristol, CT 06010